December 07, 2006

Christ is My Extraordinary!

Lord, do not let my eyes fall to the earth! Keep my gaze lifted up, past the men who taunt and intimidate me, past the fleeting moments of this earth, straight ahead to You in all Your glory and majesty. -Jennifer's Musings
Jennifer's post, over at Jennifer's Musings, blessed me in an incredible way this week. I encourage you to read the post in its entirety.

I find within myself a desire and quest to lay claim to my own bit of brilliance or talent. I am intimidated and wearied when I find such a lack of any such greatness in myself. However, Jennifer's post helped me step back and lift my eyes away from self. In view of Christ and His majesty, my own extraordinary, or lack of, becomes as dust. The miracle of Christ cleansing my heart, dwelling inside of me, and being my God, is more extraordinary than anything I could every perform or be. Christ is my extraordinary!

Thank you, Jennifer, the encouraging post. Thank you, God, for Christ.

No comments: